Here it is! Named “Eckstine” in honor of Billy Eckstine, this latest and greatest version of WordPress is available for download or update in your dashboard.
WordPress 5.5 The biggest update this year!
Images give your story a lot of impact, but they can sometimes make your site seem slow.
- In WordPress 5.5, images wait to load until they’re just about to scroll into view. The technical term is ‘lazy loading.’
WordPress sites work well with search engines.
- Now, by default, WordPress 5.5 includes an XML sitemap that helps search engines discover your most important pages from the very minute you go live.
This install also included:
- A back up of your site in case of problems
- The installation of the WordPress Update
- Updates to all the Plugins that make up your site
- Any necessary adjustments to pages
- A Performance Test and Site Scan for stability
More about WordPress 5.5
- Auto-updates for Plugins and Themes. I tend to stick with manual because some plugin updates have been known to cause site problems and even crash the website.
- Block Editor updates. Not useful when you use an outside developer plugin as I do.
The installation of this new version of WordPress was touch and time I spent on the phone with GoDaddy trouble shooting some issues that I had with sites, I was told this update was a real challenge for them, many problems.